Friday 31 May 2013

Minnie Little Mouse hat, shoes and skirt set FREE PATTERN

Well, this was a custom order that was just so much fun. I love the little shoes with bows! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the name of the character (without getting in trouble) so we'll just call her Little Mouse instead of....well.....you know who.



This was such an easy pattern since it is just a basic beanie with some ears. Here is the basic pattern:

I used bernat super saver worsted weight yarn for all of it. 
H hook
needle for sewing on ears.

Pattern fits newborn- 3 month.

Hat


 using black, start by forming a magic ring

1. ch 2. 11 dc in ring. join to top of ch 2 (12 sts)

2.ch2. dc in same dc as ch 2.  2dc in each dc (24 st) join every round unless otherwise noted

3.ch 2  dc in same dc as ch 2. (2dc in next dc, dc in next dc) around (36 sts)

4.ch2, dc in same dc as ch 2 (2dc in next st, dc in next two sts) around (48 sts)

5. ch 2. dc in same st, dc all the way around. (48 sts each row) Continue in pattern until 6 rows of dc are done, OR until a hat height of 5.5" - 6" is achieved.
break off yarn using invisible knot.


Earflap: (make 2)
start by attaching black yarn to hat, ch2 (counts as first stitch)

(I fold the hat in half so that the front is showing. I then count in 5 sts from each side and place a stitch marker. This is where I start my earflaps and I work toward the back of the hat where the joining "seam" is.)

1.dc 10, ch 2 turn

2.dc2tog, dc in next 7 st dc2tog ch 2 turn

3.dc2tog, dc in next 5 st, dc2 tog ch 2 turn

4.dc2tog, dc in nex 3 st, dc2tog ch 2 turn

5.dc2tog,  dc in nex st, dc2tog ch 2 turn

6.dc2tog twice. break off yarn.


Edging:

with OUTSIDE of hat facing you, attach yarn to back of hat and ch 1. sc in each st around, working sc evenly over sides of earflaps. fasten off, tie in all loose ends.


Ears

You are going to make 2 of these, it is a basic circle.

using black, start by forming a magic ring.

1. ch 1, 6 sc in magic ring. DO NOT JOIN here, or anywhere unless specifically noted.

2. continuing working in the round, 2 sc in previous 6 sc. (12sc)

3.  continuing in rounds, *2sc in next sc, sc in next st* 6 times. (18 sc)

4. continuing in rounds, *2sc in next sc, sc in each of the next 2 sts* 6 times. (24 sc)

5. continuing in rounds, *2sc in next sc, sc in each of the next three sts* 6 times. (30 sc)

6. continuing in rounds, *2sc in next sc, sc in each of the next 4 sts* 6 times. (36 sc)

7.  continuing in rounds, *2sc in next sc, sc in each of the next 5 sts* 6 times. (42 sc)


note** you are going to continue to do the same thing we just did, but with decreasing this time. This makes the circle ear two layers thick, and they stand up much better this way.

8. continuing in rounds, *sc2tog, sc in each of the next 5 sts* 6 times (36 sts)

9. continuing in rounds, *sc2tog, sc in each of the next 4 sts* 6 times (30 sts)

10. continuing in rounds, *sc2tog, sc in each of the next 3 sts* 6 times (24 sts)

11. continuing in rounds, *sc2tog, sc in each of the next 2 sts* 6 times (18 sts)

12. continuing in rounds, *sc2tog, sc in each of the next 1 st* 6 times (12 sts)

13. continuing in rounds, *sc2tog* 6 times (6 sts)

leave a long tail, fasten off and break yarn. With a needle, make sure hole is closed. flatten to make a nice round circle. I also weave the needle back and forth a few times attaching the two layers of the ear so that it doesn't puff out to make a 'ball'. You want nice, flat circles.

Sew the two ears evenly onto hat, pinning in place first to make sure of the placement.

Using Red yarn, I found a bow pattern here.


Shoes


I just used my Pretty and plain mary jane pattern, but used all red. I added white bows, but you could add polka dots or anything you want. The sky is the limit!




Skirt

I used the diaper cover pattern from the Little brimmed hat and diaper cover pattern on my blog. i used white. 

for the skirt overlay:
Minnie Skirt: Materials: Red Worsted Weight Yarn 
 Size H Crochet Hook White buttons 
Abbreviations: HDC= Half Double Crochet 

Chain 55, HDC in second chain from hook and all the way across, chain 1, turn (54 HDC) If this is WAY longer than your diaper covers waist line then I would adjust now. Stitch count doesn't really matter that much.

Row 2: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next, *2 HDC, HDC, *continue for the rest of row, chain 1, turn 

Row 3-7: HDC across, chain 1, turn.

Row 8: add a scalloped edge.  *skip first 2 stitches, 5 double crochets into next stitch, skip next 2 
stitches, single crochet into next stitch, repeat from * to end and finish off.

I crocheted little white polka dots by starting with a magic ring and hdc9 in each. You can decide if you like them bigger or smaller.  I then sewed them on.  I then sewed the skirt onto the diaper cover. This 
takes a bit of adjusting to get it just right so that there is a bit of cross-over in the front.

For the tail all I did was sc a line, then sc back on it. sew it on. Voila! 





There you have it. I hope you have fun making it. The sky is the limit to how you can do this. Check out the below photos to see more ideas. These are all the Mickey and Minnie inspired hats that I have made. Happy Crocheting!















For a list of crochet stitches and how to make them go here. 

**You may use this pattern to sell items, but I request that a link or credit be given back to this site** This is a ©Knotty Knotty Crochet pattern, and may not under any circumstances be sold in whole or in part. Duplication is by written permission only.








56 comments:

  1. Adorable !! Thanks so much for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I have a question...is your skirt a wrap like your inspiration? If not does it still button to close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara, the skirt buttons closed on the diaper cover. Hope that answers the question~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the pattern for your ruffle skirt part? I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, sorry I haven't posted the skirt pattern yet. I just went to this link and kind of made it up as I went. I will try to make another and write it down this time. Hope this helps in the mean time :)

      http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/08/mickey-and-minnie-inspired-crochet.html

      Delete
    2. Hello Kristi! Your patterns are Adorable and I sooo appreciate that you share them with all your viewers/followers! I love your simple profile here! I am also a crafter for far too many years than I care to admit here, and my hubby is like your own, in the fact that he has been known to come to the door of my crafting space, peer in making sure I am still alive and kickin' then simply turn and walk away.:) He is my saint of 44+ yrs and counting! Thank you so much for sharing and I can't wait to try this pattern out.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the pattern. It is very understandable and easy. My little one is due in 6 weeks, it is her first costume and I can't wait to see her in it :-)

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much for this pattern..it's wonderful

      Delete
  5. These are adorable, I was wondering if you have the pattern for the matching Mickey and Minnie hats? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, This is too cute! Quick question, on the ears, what does "*2c in next sc, sc in next st* 6 times" mean? I've never seen just a "c", is it supposed to be a ch or sc? I'm fairly new to crocheting :) Also, did you ever write out a pattern for the ruffle skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 single crochets in the first stitch, then 1 single crochet in the next 6 stitches, so 8 total over 7 stitches :)

      Delete
    2. that does not work you need to have 18 sc at the end of that row and doing it the way you are saying only gives you 16 sc

      Delete
  7. What size child will this pattern fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I finally found the answer in an earlier post. Looking for toddler patterns.

      Delete
  8. Thanks a lot have you been able to write the bottom pattern yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pattern! Would love to have the skirt pattern. My niece is having a baby girl soon and would love to make it for her. Thanks for any help you can give me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. bonjour un grand merci pour tout ces modèles et en particulier celui la Je le cherche depuis longtemps .Si ce n'est pas trop vous demender avez vous les explications pour la jupe SVP ? Encore MERCI et bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any chance you have this pattern (hat, diaper cover with skirt and booties) in a knitting pattern? I'm very new to knitting so trying to transfer a crochet pattern to a knitting pattern is way above my level.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, sorry I don't have it in knit. I don't even know how to knit, but its on my bucket list. One day if I do, perhaps I will convert all the patterns, but that day is far, far away ;). Thanks for popping in on the blog :)

      Delete
    2. On the skirt pic it looks like you have done more than 8 rows so I'm confuse....help lol

      Delete
  12. You have the pattern for the skirt yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. On the skirt pic it looks like you have done more than 8 rows so I'm confuse....help lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. do you have any pics of the front view of the skirt also not sure why but some of the pictures are not showing up help thanks I love the pattern thank you so much for posting you are a very talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  15. Someone is using your picture of this and at least one other item on etsy - here is the link https://www.etsy.com/listing/201864389/0-3-months-baby-girl-newborn-crocheted?ref=shop_home_active_12

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't understand what you mean by 2c in next sc, sc in next st* 6 times. (18 sc) how can you chain IN a single crochet???? is it chain 2 then single crochet in next stitch PLZ help I have tried this many times and can not figure it out and I need this outfit for a photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 single crochet in next stitch, (of the previous row). Hope that helps.

      Delete
  17. i was wondering if you have the pattern for the minnie mouse hat that the little girl has on at the bottom of the post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, the hat pattern would be the same, just with a color change. If you are looking for a larger size, try the owl hat pattern on this site. It is for a slightly bigger size. The ears are the same. TO make the polka dots I just started with a magic ring and 9 hdc in magic ring. Then I sewed them on. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  18. This was such an easy pattern since it is just a basic beanie with ... tmickeymouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am trying to print this Minnie Mouse pattern, but it wont print. Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no experience trying to print these patterns. Anybody else? Sorry Debbie, hope you get it figured out. I'm good with a crochet hook, not so much with computer stuff.

      Delete
    2. It's been a year since this post, and hopefully you have found a way to print it by now, but if not, it's very simple. Just select all, copy it, and open up a word document and paste it. Then you can save it and print it.

      Delete
  20. Thanks so much for making this pattern a gift! I have no problem with people selling patterns but some of us are on a limited budget and free is in everyones budget!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is this pattern available for 6-9 months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tawny, I don't have it written for 6-9 month but the owl hat pattern (link at the top of the page) is written for approx that size You could just do a solid color and not do the eyes and ears etc. Check out the hat sizing chart link at the top of the page as well for some helpful tips on how to size any hat.

      Delete
  22. This is part of Row 2, on skirt pattern *2 HDC,HDC, * and I don't understand 2 HDC ? do you mean in same space?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually what the means when it's wrote 2hdc it means you do two half double crochets in one stitch.

      Delete
  23. have you got the mouse pattern as knitted as i cant crochet plz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is there a crochet pattern for the minnie mouse hat with strings for a 3 and 1 year old

    ReplyDelete
  25. How do you get the ears to stay up

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww! How cute thank you for posting this adorable pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute. I just want to let people know that if you are being brought to this website from a link on pinterest, attached to MY picture that has been stolen by someone, this is not the pattern for MY outfit. This is my photo that has been used thousands of times on pinterest leading here. I do not have a written pattern for my original design and would love for people to stop using my images to link to this pattern here. While the pattern is somewhat similar, it is not the same! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AevSZecflKSF-B4BvgZrcjiCjoqou6Tq-ZODdFJ-Twsv4yw02tbSGHk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all MY original photos. I have nothing to do with what other people pin.

      Delete
    2. I understand that the photos in your post are yours. I'm just letting the thousands of people that have repinned this blog with my photo know that this is not the pattern for my outfit.

      Delete
  28. where is the pattern for the hat without the ear flap

    ReplyDelete
  29. Is this pattern in US terms?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Did u use the newborn diaper cover with this skirt pattern? The diaper cover this links to starts with ch 45 while the skirt starts with ch 55 so i am concerned about the size difference

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm confused with the second part of the ear. Please explain .

    ReplyDelete
  32. Do you have a guage size for this pattern? While you list the crochet hook size, many people have different tensions while crocheting, therefore they need to adjust their hook size in order to make any pattern properly, especially when it comes to clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Tara,

    Thank you for this pattern. I adapted it a bit so that the skirt could be added as part of the diaper cover without having to add it separately. It turned out great! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  34. So adorable! Thank you for sharing this awesome pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How many balls of yarn has people used please

    ReplyDelete
  36. I need some clarification on the skirt. Would like to see a picture of the front of it. Not sure how to put it together with the diaper cover. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete

Little flying ace hat, scarf and boot FREE PATTERN!

 I have been wanting to do this little set for a while, and was thrilled when a friend ordered it for her new grand-baby. I can't wait...