Friday 7 June 2013

more than the stars in the sky FREE PATTERN (link)

I love bedtime at our house. I have four little ones, and they are up at the crack of dawn with boundless energy that lasts all. day. long. For the most part I have a lot of fun with them and they are pretty great kids. With how busy the crochet business has become, and always having a new project on the go I don't get much time to crochet things just for them. So between orders and slower times I get to add a few rows here, make another block there, and eventually they get to have a warm and cozy something too. Back to bedtime: I love it. Not because the kids are FINALLY in bed and its relax time, but because of our bedtime routine. We snuggle, read some books, and tuck them all in with hugs and kisses. That's when my four year old William usually tells me that I'm 'pletty' (pretty) and that I'm the 'goodest' Mom, I get to sing the alphabet with the 2 year old Lizzy, and have a bit more of an older kid chat with my 8 year old daughter. Then comes Ben, the rough and tumble, high energy sweetheart of a 6-year-old boy. He always tells me: "Mom, I love you more than________". It changes every night. I then tell him I love him more than all the stars in the sky. He always replies with "Well, I love you even more than that." And that is the last thing I usually hear from them. They are great kids. And every once in a while, when things slow down, I get to create something just for them. I recently was able to finish a blanket that my 8 year old designed herself. And just a few nights ago I was able to sneak into my son's room and cover him up with his new Mario Star blanket. He was so happy when he woke up in the morning! This is not my original design, you can find the FREE Pattern here.






All photos on this blog are ©Knotty Knotty Crochet and MAY NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be used to sell your items.

10 comments:

  1. I love your story I have a 7 year old son and I know what you mean about snuggling them up in bed and trying to make them something in between, I'm currently working on getting together some stuff to sell at a craft fair (or online) so it's been Crochet, Crochet, crochet for the items I'm selling and not much for him, their little faces though when they get something just for them is priceless isn't it? :) I just wanted to say you did a FAB job and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is beautiful....but your story is what makes this so special. My children are 33 and 36 and we always had a special bedtime routine..my daughter just had a new baby..he is 3 mos old and everynight after his bath, his daddy reads him his stories....God Bless you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like the pattern pls, but cant seem to find the download for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this link http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/starry_starry_night.php

      Delete
    2. Can't get the pattern. Can you send?

      Delete
  4. I have a 6 year old Mario fan and he is going to love this. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blanket is absolutely adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like the pattern plz, but cant seem to find the download for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I'd love to know the colors you specifically used, if you can remember? Please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Little flying ace hat, scarf and boot FREE PATTERN!

 I have been wanting to do this little set for a while, and was thrilled when a friend ordered it for her new grand-baby. I can't wait...